Sunday, May 22, 2011

Delving into PvP - The Tale of Noobishness

Day (Or Night?) two starts out relatively normally. I start by finishing up a couple quests and just generally work on continuing to level up my character while exploring the world and the interface. A couple Rift events started and finished. Then, my first "Death" rift event!

Finding that purple swirl on the map was an amazing feeling, through Facebook I had been told "Death" rift events were something special, something to look forward to! Hurriedly I mount my trusty Chocolate Horse and rush to the area. Join Public Group, YES! OMG the enemies are HUUUUGE! SMACK SMACK I die...

While the first Death Rift certainly made me giddy getting killed so quickly then not being able to get back in time certainly did end the occasion abruptly. I look forward to my next one, hopefully I will be able to stay alive long enough to actually be of some help.

After riding my horse to Sanctum I was pleasently surprised to find I could PvP starting at level 10! Eagerly I accepted the quests from the NPC's and clicked to join the Warfront. As a side note, now would probably be a great time to tell you my  character build. I am playing as a Human Male, Rogue with Assassin, BladeDancer and RiftStalker souls. this will make me bursty enough to kill someone while still having enough defense to get away.

Knowing how poorly I did during the Death rift it should come as no surprise that my first moments of PvP were filled with confusion and constant respawning. Apparently going into stealth mode in front of the enemy is a bad idea? Who knew! But considering my competitive nature I pressed on confident I would be able to figure this whole MMORPG PvP thing out!

While I eventually fumbled my way through enough Warfronts to get the gist of goals, strategies and most importantly not stealthin directly in front of your target. I feel I have a lot to learn before I get good enough to consider my self deadly.

End of the day level ~ 13

No comments:

Post a Comment