Friday, May 27, 2011

Play that funky music Rogue boy!

Ahhh another day, another entry in the diary. I guess this post is going to cover the last couple days in Telara... to be honest I was quite busy yesterday with yard work and just playing Rift ^_^ I found out that I could level up quite nicely just playing PvP. I would say I easily went from level 23 to 24 ONLY playing PvP. Mixing Black Island and the Codex Warfronts.

Last night however I wanted to try something a little bit different, so I ponied up the 4 platinum and bought my 3rd role from the trainer and went 100% Bard (well more like 95% bard and 5% bladedancer? the defensive soul for Rogues). While playing a Bard is not exactly hard, nor does it really require much in the way of strategic thinking it does offer one very useful trait. The "LFG" tool pegs me as a support class and I get into groups nearly instantly.

Playing 100% Bard I was able to run 3 dungeons last night. And even in the face of extreme boredom I got a good look at the other side of the table, support and healers. Normally I start out any type of MMO as a Warrior class and eventually end up getting bored but with Rift something made me want to be a stealthy assassin popping out of the woods and bursting enemy players down. Yes, I totally do that during PvP matches but when grouping for a raid there are about 1'000 other players on the server looking to do the same thing So playing a Bard lets me experience the game in a new way while also completing the lower level dungeons.

Now other than that, not a lot to report. I have a feeling the "game" wont start until I hit max level so that is my goal from here on out, level, level, level and more level. Speaking of which I need to go hit up the forums and ask some questions about my new Bard skills and the potential for Rangers in Solo PvE, while I am away here, look at a cool picture I took last night while standing on a mountain range in GloomWoods.

No comments:

Post a Comment