Monday, May 23, 2011

Rift Raid Event, Planar Boss and more PvP Noobishness [Weekend Roundup]

Yesterday saw many firsts for me in the world of Telara,  my first large scale raid event, the first "Boss" fight, my first attempts at using the in game video recorder and the in game Facebook screen shot publisher. I learned more about PvP, including the fact that there are "PvP" souls you can get that give you specific bonuses for fighting other players.

On the low end of the scale, publishing screenshots to Facebook through imageshack seems fairly flawless. After allowing the Riftconnect application the appropriate rights I snapped a few scenic shots during my session and they were instantly added to my Facebook stream. Here are a couple of the better ones;

A nice shot of a Death Rift opening
Me relaxing in Sanctum while the war rages on
Nothing to spectacular just a couple things I thought looked nice enough to snap shot and share ^_^

While wondering around looking for photo-ops I stumbled across something I never experienced in a MMO (mostly because I would lose interest in other MMO's after an hour or so) a large scale raid event was happening right under my feet. You see, I had the map zoomed in to far and did not notice the swath of reddish orange swirls indicating a massive assault on the land. However once I did, I mounted my trusty steed and galloped as fast as I could to the closest Rift Tear and instantly joined the group.

It was a swirling of daggers and raw hide as we battled tear after tear but in the end we found ourselves very far from the starting point and in need to return quickly, for the commander was spawning.

All of us riding to the commanders spawn





I was in a bit of shock when we go there, so much so you can see me attacking the wrong thing completely. (Notice the words "Immune" scrolling up, yeah I admit it, I am a noob!) Afterwards we gathered up our lewt, smiled and said how much fun it was then returned to solo questing for levels.

It was around this time I realized my backpack and bags were getting full, so I headed to Argent Glade (one of the Guardians starter cities) to unload my spoils and start some new quests. After spending some time deciding on my 2nd "skill" (Apothecary, this way I can Forge for items then turn them into potions!) the next "big" thing occured.

For some strange reason everyone was rushing past me heading North, towards the higher level area. "What's going on?" I thought as I opened the map. There staring me in the face was my next big moment for the night, a boss had come to town!

Apparently this mytical fire creature "Mar'Kul" had finally had enough of sending his plebs against us, here he was walking into the city and trying to pick a fight. Well we were having none of it! As Lemmings we poured over him until the whole area resembled that scene from Gulliver's Travels.

Mar'Kul invades Argent Glade






After this mighty defeat I was feeling pumped so I decided to hit up some more PvP. It was around this time I had my next noob moment, Rift has PvP specific Souls! After buying the "Infiltrator" soul and spending a good 15 minutes trying to figure out how to equip it (You need to buy a 2nd role from your trainer!) I set about trying to beat the Defiant's in contests of strength. (Thankfully my side was fielding some good healers and we were able to win a few, through no fault of mine. I basically ran around like a spaz and tried to attack whatever was in front of me!)

All in all it was a great day in Telara.


End of day level ~ 18

No comments:

Post a Comment